Wednesday, January 31, 2007

WINE: CHANDON ZD 2003

Type: Sparkling White
Origin: Yarra Valley, Victoria, Australia
Approx Cost: $30

So, the old ZD, one of the last sparkling Chandon’s to try. I cracked the crown seal and poured. As like most other Chandon wines, this looks technically good with a good mousse and bead. Dry and sharp. Hints of metal and very subtle fruit.

I was a tad disappointed by this, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that I prefer sweeter wines and this has almost none. If I was serving rich seafood, I ‘d go this in a second.

87%

2 comments:

meva said...

I like a dry sparkling. I certainly prefer to the Chandons to the Jansz.

Sam said...

I actually quite enjoyed the ZD, despite it's dryness I still found it had some interesting melon type flavours. Something different from the standard sparkling get down.