Thursday, March 15, 2007

WINE: ARRAS Sparkling Chardonnay Pinot Noir 2000

Type: Sparkling White
Origin: Tasmania
Approx Cost: $45

While the wine reviews have been missing lately, you could be forgiven for thinking that I haven’t been drinking. Far from it, I’ve picked up the pace even more. But I’ve been drinking a lot of non-sparkling wines and I’m still a bit crap at writing tasting notes for them. But they should be up here one day, dammit. Just more practise required.

Anyway.

I could be wrong, but I think Arras is the most expensive sparkling wine in Australia that is produced at a high volume. W was interested to see if it can justify the price tag.

Pale straw with a touch of green. Nothing special about the bead; it leaps out of the bottle but doesn’t keep going. Hits very hard on the lemon and green apple flavours. Dry, toasty finish.

This is a good sparkling wine by Australian standards and is pleasant to drink, but for the price I’m not convinced.

86%

No comments: