Sunday, May 27, 2007

WINE: LILLYPILLY Noble Sauvignon Blanc 2002

Type: Sweet White
Origin: Riverina, NSW
Approx Cost: $20 (375ml)
http://www.lillypilly.com/

Straight away I’ll admit that I love the stickies, so this is right up my alley even though it was my first botrytis sav blanc. Still, a lot of surprises in store when I tried it.

A luscious deep gold colour. A sexy, sexy nose of apricot, peach and citrus peel that is really inviting. I could smell it all day. But no, I mustn’t. I must taste it too. The palate is equally nice. The fruit peel really dominates with a little spice and some juicy apricot. It finishes off with a pleasing, sharp tang.

The Sauvignon Blanc really stars here. It’s lighter and slightly more tart than a botrytis Semillon tends to be. Interesting and delicious, like an upsidedown cake (“Holy shit, this cake is upsidedown. Oh, and delicious (like a cake)!”)

I can’t recommend it enough.

93%

2 comments:

Sam said...

sounds good. I'm looking for a decent dessert wine to take out for a dinner.

I'll have to get that juan.

cheers braaaaaaa

Ben said...

Yeah can't go wrong.

Either this or the Bimbadgen Estate Myall Rd Botrytis Semillon are awesome. I've also heard great things about the Cookothama or whatever it is.