Sunday, July 15, 2007

WINE: COLDSTREAM HILLS Cabernet Sauvignon 2005

Type: Red
Origin: Yarra Valley, Victoria
Approx Cost: $25
http://www.coldstreamhills.com.au/

This bottle sat around for fucking ages. Most of the wine I get is turned over pretty quickly, but this has sat idle in my box for two months, collecting dust. Probably because I’ve gone off Cab Savs lately, and I’m still angry at it because I wanted the Pinot Noir but they didn’t have it. WHY CAN’T YOU JUST BE PINOT?

But it’s all good, friends. Deep crimson purple. Nice dark, fruity aroma. Tasty palate of plums, blueberries, earth, dark chocolate and a tiny amount of oak and spice. Excellent length on the finish, the the berry flavours lingering for ages.

I think the RRP for this wine is around the $30, but it’s sold in a lot of places for under $20. At that price it’s awesome value. Coldstream Hills are a pretty steady producer, and this is no exception. My Cab Sav blues are cured.

90%

No comments: